MY 2020 INSPIRATION PICTURE
(photos and pictures that spur me on to save for my sealed pot!)
My Inspiration Picture this week is from my trip to Zambia in 2005, when I stayed in the South Luangwa Valley. This is the area seen on the fantastic BBC programme: Africa 2013: Countdown to the rains.
On one game drive I was lucky enough to see a pack of African Wild Dogs.
They are a highly endangered species and it is thought that only 5000 remain in the whole of Africa! We spent a while watching them play, drink, relax and mate! What a privilege it was.
MY SEALED POT WEEK
This week has gone quite well!
SAVED NOT SPENT-50p off Free Range Eggs using a supermarket coupon
FOUND MONEY-5p-At Waterloo Station yesterday.
SAVED NOT SPENT-My lovely brother treated me to a delicious Indian meal yesterday at Bangalore restaurant. No we didn't sit in the area up the ladder. My brother did suggest it! We did try some beautiful Indian wine though, which was a new experience.
I will be putting half of it £10 my savings from the meal in my pot and the other half will go towards the Phillipines diaster fund.
MR SFT'S EARNINGS-£40 from doing I.T. support. He wants half to go into the pot.
WON MONEY £1.10-From playing cards with my Family.
STRETCH IT OUT NOVEMBER CHALLENGE
Weekly Meal Plan
Monday-Mr Sft-Quorn Curry with rice and Nann Bread/Sft-Scrambled Egg on toast
Tuesday-Mr Sft-Chilli Con Carni with rice/Sft-Boiled Egg with toast
Wednesday-Sft-Baked Beans on Toast
Thursday-Mr Sft-Burger with veggies and mash/Sft-Boiled Egg with toast
Friday-Both-Ploughman's Meal at School Quiz Night
Saturday-Eating at Mr Sft's Parents
Sunday-Both-Veggie Shepherd's Pie
We have now spent exactly half, £50.00 of our £100 budget. We have everything we need for the week (fingers crossed) and then just one more week left. Everything is on course to save the target £20 (but of course we hope more).
I do enjoy the stretch it out challenges. I always think do we NEED it or would we just LIKE it.
HOW WAS YOUR SEALED POT WEEK?
ARE YOU STRETCHING OUT YOUR BUDGETS?
Oh and here is the 2013/2014 SEALED LIST so far!
2013/2014 List so far
1. SFT (ENGLAND)-AFRICA 2020-PART 2-SUDAN & ETHIOPIA
2. MOONWAVES (GERMANY)-BIRTHDAY PRESENT
3. MABELANDMAISY (ENGLAND)-ANNIVERSARY TRIP
4. KELLEY (USA)-FUN GOAL
5. T'POL (TURKEY)-MISCELLANEOUS FUND-FOR GIFTS & UNEXPECTED EXPENSES
6. SUZE (AUSTRALIA)-FAMILY CHRISTMAS OUTING?
7. KAREN (ENGLAND)-FAMILY TREATS FOR CHRISTMAS 2014
8. CAROLE (AUSTRALIA) T.B.C
9. HELEN (ENGLAND) CHRISTMAS 2014
10. NEW WORLD (ENGLAND) ZIMBABWE TRIP
11. SHAZ (NEW ZEALAND) FAMILY REUNION PERTH, AUSTRALIA
12. SARAH AND FAMILY OF 3 (ENGLAND) CHRISTMAS TREAT
13. JUDY Y (AUSTRALIA) CHARITABLE DONATION :)
14. RIKKE (DENMARK) CHRISTMAS 2014
15. PRU (USA) MUSEUM PASS AND A HOLIDAY MEAL
16. SOL (ENGLAND) A NICE HOLIDAY, MAYBE FRANCE
17. PATRICIA (CANADA) T.B.C.
18. JANICE (CANADA) WINTER HOLIDAY
19. FRAN (ENGLAND) T.B.C
20. PETE (ENGLAND) T.B.C
21. STACEY (ENGLAND) OVERPAYING THE MORTGAGE
22. DONNA (ENGLAND) CHRISTMAS 2014
23. SANDRA (NEW ZEALAND) ANTIQUE FURNITURE
24. SPENDER2SAVER (INDIA) A FAMILY MEAL ON A FLOATING SHIP DOWN THE GANGES
25. ALISON (ENGLAND-AT THE MO) 2014 TRAVEL PLANS
26. SUE (ENGLAND) CHRISTMAS 2014
27. LONESTARSKY (SCOTLAND) T.B.C
28. CHEAPCHICK (CANADA) WEEKENDS AWAY
29. BETTY (ENGLAND) HOLIDAY IN TURKEY
30. COMPOSTWOMAN (ENGLAND) ELECTRIC APPLE SCRATTER
31 LAURA (ENGLAND) ANNIVERSARY MEAL
32 SWEET BLONDIE BLUE EYES (ENGLAND) BIG TRIP SEPTEMBER 2014
33. CHRISTINA (USA) SAVINGS ACCOUNT
34. CATH (UK) WEEKEND AWAY