Well Month 2 was a complete write off! Illness put paid to keeping account of what we spent and planning meals.
So now we are concentrating on March-Month 3.
1. We've audited what is in the freezer/cupboards
2. We've planned meals around what we've found. Mr Sft likes the same meal on the same day each week so we've kept to that and just varied it slightly at weekends.
3. We've only needed to plan up until 21st March-On the 22nd we go on holiday to Devon and Cornwall. So we are putting £40 of our monthly budget towards that.
4. So today we went Grocery Shopping and have spent £16 of our budget. That pays for most meals until we go. I eat 5 meals a week for free at school and this week I am at a conference for 3 days with full board at a lovely hotel.
We will hopefully just have to do top up shops each week for essentials like milk.
We had 3 vouchers to use today and have found deals on each:
2 x Fairy (I love this brand, it lasts forever) Washing Up Liquid for £2.00 (after using 50p money off voucher)
2 x Mature Cheddar (most popular British cheese) cheese for £2.50 (after using 50p money off voucher)
12 Free Range Eggs for £1.50-didn't find these so will try again tomorrow. This is great value.
5. We hope to place a joint order for Approved Foods with my parents sometime soon. We share the postage. They can't believe how much you get for your money!
Our Menu this week
Sunday-Mr Sft - Toast with marmalade/Veggie Sausage Sandwich/Cod Fishcakes/Mash/Vegetables
Sft - Toast/Veggie Sausage Sandwich/Cod Fishcakes/Mash/Vegetables
Monday-Mr Sft - Cornflakes/Sandwich for lunch/Omlette and potato wedges
Sft-Museli/School lunch/Baked Beans on toast
Tuesday-Mr Sft-Cornflakes/Sandwich for lunch/Mr Sft eats at his parents
Wednesday-Mr Sft-Cornflakes/Sandwich for lunch/Mr Sft - Burger and potato wedges, baked beans
Sft-Museli/Conference for lunch and dinner
Thursday - Mr Sft-Cornflakes/Sandwich for lunch/Mr Sft - Liver and Veggies, mash
Friday - Mr Sft - Cornflakes/Sandwich for lunch/Smoked Salmon Pasta
Saturday - Mr Sft - Toast with Marmalade/Baked Beans on Toast/Salmon Wellington, Roast Potatoes and Vegetables
Sft-Toast/Baked Beans on Toast/Salmon Wellington, Roast Potatoes and Vegetables
Sunday - Mr Sft - Toast with Marmalade/Baked Beans on Toast (or using up) for supper
Sft-Toast /Baked Beans on Toast (or using up) for supper
Both taking our Mums out for Mothers' Day-This will be our main meal.